If your skin is looking lackluster, dull, or looking less than great, you might be wondering, am I dehydrated?
- Here are some signs of dehydration that you should look for on your skin:
- Your skin may be dull, may look paler than usual.
- You’ll see dark circles under your eyes like you’re tired.
- Your face will have more contours than usual and not in a good way.
- You may see sunken eyes and cheeks.
- Fine lines or wrinkles may appear or increase.
You may also experience other symptoms in the rest of your body. These can include tiredness, weakness, dry mouth, and your pee will be darker in color than usual. If you have any of these, you may be dehydrated.
Aside from that, there is one very simple test you can carry out at home to check your hydration.
- Here’s how:
- On the back of your hand, pinch your skin between your finger and your thumb.
- Now let go and watch how long it takes for the skin to return to its usual shape.
- If it takes more than 1-2 seconds, you may be dehydrated.
If you are dehydrated, it’s time to make sure you increase your water intake. Aim to drink around eight glasses of water today to maintain a healthy water balance for your body.